Bringing families closer through shared experiences in the backcountry.
Take your son or daughter on a trek into the backcountry, creating memories that you will cherish for a lifetime. We will provide you basic skills and tips to enjoy the wilderness as a family whenever you please. Food will be provided for as well as assistance in preparing gear for your hike. Limited gear available for a minimal rental fee.
CLICK HERE FOR INSPIREOUT CALENDAR OF PROGRAMS
REGISTRATION OPENS WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 15, 2017
2017 SUMMER PROGRAM DATES:
*** Custom trips available per request for 2017 season.***
*For youth under age of 10 – adults must be prepared to carry additional weight in backpacks to backcountry campsites.
- ITINERARY: Primary focus on backpacking fundamentals (kitchen set-up, topo map reading, knot tying, proper packing of backpack), wildlife Identifications, cooking in the wild, and astronomy. In addition, we provide time for reflection through journal activities & yoga. Family fun games/activities will be guided during evening programs.
- GRUB: Please bring a packed lunch for first day. All meals and snacks are provided, beginning with dinner the first day of program and ending with lunch the last day of program. Most dietary needs can be accounted for.
- COST: See above dates for costs of programs. Costs
include meals, entertaining and experienced instructors, incredible nights camping under the stars, and priceless memories with new and old friends.
- TRAILHEAD: Our office elves will give you all the details for how to reach program trailheads and where to park car prior to program start.
- MILEAGE: Hiking mileage for basic programs will vary from 1-3 miles per day.
A .pdf of your gear checklist will be sent to you in your registration packet. If you have any questions or need assistance in finding/renting gear, let us know and we can help!
BELOW ARE MANDATORY GEAR ITEMS:
- Outdoor Backpack with hip belt [Please contact us if help needed with finding a pack!]
- Compressible Sleeping bag rated for at least 30 degree Fahrenheit nights
- Sleeping mat
- Sneakers with tread or hiking boots
- Wool socks (preferably a thin pair and thick pair)
- Waterproof jacket
- Warm jacket (if possible, down)
NOTE: InspireOut will provide tents and stove/cookware (if you have your own equipment you would like to use, please let us know and we will clear it before our trip departure). Rentals of other mandatory equipment can be arranged at minimal costs.